Thursday, April 11, 2013

Photographer Against Pinterest

In About Pinterest: An open letter to my readers, photographer Tara Bradford writes:
[...] I don't want even one of my photos on Pinterest.[...]

I am trying to prevent my original work from losing its value by being pinned (and uncredited) numerous times on multiple Pinterest boards, amidst groupings of dubious quality and origin. Pinterest is a big company with massive funding and I am one small business owner, simply trying to protect my livelihood. I receive no benefit whatsoever from my photography appearing on Pinterest.
For other posts from Tara about Pinterest, read:

Picture This, Pinterest

Has It Come To This?

The continuing saga of keeping photos off Pinterest - this article mentions a pinner that knowingly posts Tara's photographs knowing full well this is against her will.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Well this should make her really happy then

http://techcrunch.com/2013/04/12/bing-integrates-pinterest-sharing-into-its-image-search

Nothing's really going to stop these idiots.