Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pinterest Still Lacks Common Courtesy

Pinterest still lacks the most basic courtesy towards the people whose content it enables its users to infringe over and over.

When a pinner is coddled with a lengthy, grovelling, apologetic letter from Pinterest following a DMCA take-down request, Pinterest inludes the URL of the image that was taken down. Maybe to help the pinners upload the picture to their computers directly! God forbid a pinner should lose HER precious image!

I, on the other hand, after filing a DMCA take down notice, Pinterest just sends me a terse reply without any record or confirmation of the images that are taken down. There is no apology, either.

It seems that their whole business model is adding insult to injury.

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

What gets me is when a pinner gets offended and hurt because someone else's image was removed from their board and they go into a pity me rant . Hello how do they think the photographer or artist feels.sigh

A Glass Artist said...

My pet peeve is that this is coupled with a catch-me-if-you-can attitude with the "no copyright infringement intended" disclaimers.